- This event has passed.
2nd Regional policy forum on development (Africa)
8. October 2018 - 10. October 2018
To review the main discussions and outcomes of the African Union – European Union summit in Abidjan in November 2017, and look at the implications going forward
The Policy Forum on Development (PFD) is a multistakeholder platform which can be seen as both a catalyst and an outcome of these commitments. The PFD aims to achieve the following objectives: (i) Facilitating dialogue on cross-cutting issues directly related to the role of CSOs and LAs as relevant development actors; (ii) Promoting policy debate, consultation and exchange of information and experiences on EU main policies and initiatives in the development field and (iii) Providing a space for regular update and peer review by all actors.
- Information and experiences exchanged on AU-EU summit outcomes with the capture of any specific recommendations emerging;
- Regional concerns brought to the attention of the EU
- Identification of Africa’s progress toward meeting development commitments, noting which partnerships and ways of working are successfully and making recommendations on how they can best be taken forward.
- An outcomes document from participants noting common conclusions and recommendations from the CSOs and LAs to the EU
How to register
Registration open from 20 August 2018 to 15 September 2018. Link: https://policyforumdevelopment.eu/registration/en/join-event/5b7aa3ece2704