It’s time for action! Small scale, decentralised, locally owned solutions are just as relevant as large scale, high investment projects.
Come and meet our Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards Winners as we host the 5th annual award ceremony at the climate negotiations (COP25) in Madrid.
Radical action is what the Women and Gender Constituency has been demanding for years. The Gender Just Climate Solutions Award, aims to do just this. It brings together environmental defenders from around the world who use a gender equality and women’s rights approach when implementing the Paris Agreement to fight our climate crisis.
We are proud to show that relevant gender just climate solutions are already happening around the world. They aim for transformative, inclusive development models and help to rethink growth. With real commitments from governments, e.g. in terms of finance and technology, we can upscale these inclusive solutions to have a significant impact, not only locally but also on the global level.
- Teresa Ribera, Minister of the Environment, Spain (TBC)
- Dr. Maria Flachsbarth, Parliamentary State Secretary, BMZ, Germany;
- Fekitamoeloa ‘Utoikamanu, high representative of LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS;
- Kersti Berge, Energy & climate change Directorate, Scotland
- Dr. Rose Mwebaza, CTCN Director;
- Rita Mishaan, Chair of the PCCB
It’s #TimeForAction! Small scale, decentralized, locally owned solutions are just as relevant as large scale, high investment projects. Come and meet our Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards Winners:
— WECF international (@WECF_INT) November 27, 2019